The French Law Practice is dedicated to international private clients dealing with France and the UK

A Place in the Sun

France's two types of council tax

I have heard that French people pay two annual municipal taxes, the "taxe d'habitation" and "taxe foncière". What is the difference between the two taxes and if I buy a holiday home in Brittany would I have to pay both of them? Also, how much roughly are these taxes annually - do they vary much by region? Greg Price

Download the full article

These publications are intended to provide general information and guidance only and are not intended to provide advice to any specific person.

You are recommended to seek professional advice before taking or refraining from taking any actions based on the contents of these publications.

Tax law is subject to change.