Founded by Caroline Cohen, UK solicitor and French qualified avocat specialised in cross-border tax issues, the French Law Practice advises wealthy private clients on their international estate planning and tax issues. We take a practical approach to each personal situation in order to provide the best individualised service to our clients and their family.
The French Law Practice assists also private banks and Trust companies on any French matters and has established strong links with leading private banks, trust companies and insurance companies.
- The French Law Practice is able to provide its clients with all the aspects of French taxation in both English and French.
- The firm has a dedicated department to French conveyancing. Our team assists our clients on their acquisition of French properties with the most tax-efficient structure.
- The firm also assists its clients on UK tax issues and has extensive experience on the tax treatment of French nationals residents but non-domiciled in the UK.
- The French Law Practice focuses on cross-border tax, trust and succession planning issues. The firm has a specific emphasis on the tax treatment of foreign Trusts in France.
- The firm acts for foreign clients investing in France and has developed expertise on the French tax consequences of holding French assets through offshore trusts and on related succession issues including the French forced heirship rules.
- The French Law Practice has particular expertise on transfer of tax residence between the two countries.